As a future social worker, it is important to have a plan for continued professional growth as well as an understanding of the required social worker dispositions. Additionally, it is considered good practice for professional social workers to join a professional social work organization. Research a professional organization that you might join such as the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), your state’s social work association, or another relevant professional organization.
Write a 1,200-1,750-word paper in the third person about the ethical and legal considerations of the developing social worker to include professional organizations and a plan for continued professional growth. Include the following in your paper:
Ethical and Legal Viewpoint
1. Volunteerism: What standards do social workers need to uphold in a voluntary position or providing free/pro bono work?
2. Self-disclosure: Should social workers disclose personal information to a client? If so, when and how is it appropriate?
3. Objectivity: Why is it important for social workers to remain objective with clients?
4. Self-care: How can social workers prevent professional burnout?
5. Spirituality: How can social workers maintain spirituality in and out of practice?
6. Social Work Dispositions: A review of three social work dispositions as well as an analysis in regards to personal strengths and challenges in regards to the selected dispositions.
Professional Organization Review
A professional organization overview that includes the following:
1. Membership benefits, available activities and/or services to members.
2. Current issues addressed by the organization that are relevant to the social work profession. Note: These items are usually listed on the association’s website, but you may research elsewhere for one or two current issues in the field. Examples of current issues could include lobbying efforts for particular populations or specialties in the field, proposed or changing laws/regulations, high profile court cases involving ethical violations, or the like.
When writing the paper, consider the following level-one APA headings to help organize the content:
1. Ethical and Legal Viewpoint
2. Professional Organization Review
Include a comprehensive reference page that lists the sources used should be included at the end of the document. The paper should be written in the third person.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This assignment is informed by the following EPAS Standard:
1. Demonstrate Ethical and Professional Behavior
Answer & Explanation
When writing the paper, consider the following level-one apa headings to help organize the content • The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) is the largest professional association of social... View This Answer